- MISC - The Motivational Interviewing Skills Code (MISC) 2.1 system is a process coding instrument developed as a method for evaluating the quality of motivational interviewing. It can also be used to measure training effects, expert-level motivational interviewing, and client language. Click here for additional downloads and more information.
- CACTI- the CASAA Application for Coding Treatment Interactions is a free, open-source application for performing behavior coding with digital audio recordings (.wav files). By default the program is configured for the MISC 2.5 but can be modified easily to use other coding systems. This download includes both the software and the manual. An open-access paper describing CACTI is available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0039740 and source code can be obtained from https://ctcsu-player.googlecode.com.
- CLEAR- The CLEAR (previously MISC 1.1) is a simplified system for classifying and quantifying client language that is either change talk or counter-change talk.
- MITI- The Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) 4.2 coding instrument is designed to measure treatment fidelity for clinical trials of motivational interviewing and as a means of providing structured, formal feedback about ways to improve practice in non-research settings. Click here for additional downloads and more information.
- MISO- The Motivational Interviewing with Significant Others (MISO) coding instrument is designed to measure the language of significant others (e.g., spouse, partner, friend, relative) who are participating in a session of motivational interviewing. Click here for more information.
- SCOPE - The Sequential Code for Observing Process Exchanges (SCOPE) coding instrument is intended to evaluate relationships between MI-specific interviewer behaviors and subsequent client behaviors within a motivational interviewing session. Click here for additional downloads and more information.
- GROMIT- Global Rating of Motivational Interviewing Therapists
- SCCIT-A- System for Coding Couple Interaction in Therapy - Alcohol (SCCIT-A) Coding Manual (version 1.0) Adapted for Alcohol Behavioral Couple Therapy
- C-TIRS- Couples Treatment Integrity Rating Scale (C-TIRS) Manual
- Mesa Grande coding system for Methodological Quality of Alcohol Treatment Outcome Studies – coding system developed for the Miller & Wilbourne (2000) review.
- Motivational Interviewing Skill Code (MISC) 1.0 – The original MISC instrument, developed by Bill Miller in 2000. Also available in Spanish.
- Motivational Interviewing Skill Code (MISC) 2.0 – The second version of the MISC, prior to the introduction of the CLAMI.
- Client Language Assessment for Motivational Interviewing - The CLAMI addendum to MISC 2.0
- Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) code, version 2.0 – The first public release of the MITI, initially posted in 2005.
- Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) 3.0
- Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) 3.1
Motivational Interviewing Professional Training Videotape Series: Tape B, Phase I, Part 2 (Ponytail) ordering information ----- uncoded transcript ----- coded transcript
Motivational Interviewing Professional Training Videotape Series: Tape C (Rounder) ordering information ----- uncoded transcript ----- coded transcript
Brief Therapy For Addiction-Related Issues: Motivational Interviewing (Soccer Mike) DVD ordering information ----- videotape ordering information ----- uncoded transcript